I feel like I’m sneaking to blog. It’s in the wee hours of the morning but I need to get this in. Last week I made the mistake of blogging about nonsense and then the baby woke up so I didn’t get to finish the post. It’s sad, but I’m already wasting time. Let’s get with it:
- Running. I’m starting to get back into it. I’ve gone back to it and things are so much better. Granted, I’m a wee bit slower (like almost 4 minutes a mile slower) than what I use to be, but I’ll get back there. It’s just going to take some time. The most important thing is: I’m getting back out there and enjoying the suck. It’s not easy but I’m loving every minute of it. This was one of those rare times I was able to go out without pushing the stroller.
- I looked in my closet yesterday and I had not one but TWO pairs of brand new running shoes in my closet. I thought it was time to break them out. I can’t believe I was hoarding running shoes. But that’s a lie, I totally expect something like this. I must have gotten them on sale or something but it wouldn’t surprise me if I was paying full price for them.
- I’m totally obsessed with my Apple Watch. Now I don’t use it the way people think I use it. I’m not going to use it as my running watch because it’s not going to do what I want it to do. I’m not an app running girl. I like my old Garmin just fine. But I do like the alarms, being able to respond to text messages, the activity features, and a few other things. Yes, I’m kind of obsessed with making sure I get all my rings by the end of the day. I do use the workout app when I’m at the gym or going for a walk so that I can log it for my rings. I know it’s crazy but I love the thing. I almost didn’t get it but I had some last minute encouragement…now I love it. Plus, it comes in handy when I can’t answer the phone or need to respond to a message but I’m doing baby things.
- I’m totally feeling Pei Wei again. The Pei Wei at home is a hot mess and is kind of dirty so I don’t like to actually eat in. But when I’m away I love to eat it and I enjoy it so much. I’m a huge fan of the Thai Dynamite. And when I order it at our local store, sometimes they make it right and I love it even more. It’s been so good, that I want to eat it every weekend but I think I’ll branch out.
- I’m a new mom so I can’t have this list without having something baby on it, right? I got a new milk snob this week. I love it! I got the lumberjack pattern because I thought it would be better for appearances. Previously, I had the white floral print and it gets dirty very easily and it showed the thinness of the material. I wish the material was a little thicker but it gets the job done. I really love my milk snob and keeps the sun out of the baby’s face which is really important to me. That’s really the reason I went with a darker version.
It’s been a really great week for me. I’ve had a lot of time to just be with my baby and enjoy the time. I didn’t feel rushed because I knew I had nowhere really to go. I got to get out and walk around and just sit and relax. Baby G could feel the difference too, which was really nice. She really doesn’t pick up on my energy. That means there was plenty of time to perfect the “ring pop” for babies.
Many people don’t know this but I’ve really had no time off of work. I was taking phone calls going into my c-section. I had to go to work 2 days after I was released from the hospital and I’ve been putting in a lot of hours in most days of the week. This week I finally put my foot down and decided a needed a break. Yes, I still did some work from home but I did it on my own time. I really needed this time to get everything together and not feel so overwhelmed and confused.
Getting back to exercise has helped with this tremendously, though. I want to lose the baby weight but mostly I want my mental sanity in check. The exercise does this for me because it forces me to relax and burn off some steam. I always feel so much better when I’m done so I know FOR SURE that it’s working. AND I’ve lost 5 pounds in two weeks! I didn’t want to weigh in last week for some reason so I skipped it, but I knew I couldn’t do it this week. I stepped on the scale and I was glad to see that I’m making some progress!
I must end this post before the little one wakes. I’m really just glad I got through until the end! I’m working on getting the blog back on point but I’m finding it difficult to get the time in. Thank you for sticking with me during this exciting yet busy time.
What things are you digging this week?