It’s like an apple pie but in a quesadilla form. It’s a nice twist and it’s super easy. If you have a panini press, this would be great.
There are two options here: 1. you can sauté the apples with cinnamon in a pan until softened or 2. warm up your apples with cinnamon in the microwave. I always do the microwave because it’s easier. Remember, I’m not a cook so I’m always going the easy route. The whole idea is not to spend a lot of time making this stuff.
To make my cinnamon cream cheese, I used a serving size of cream cheese and cinnamon to taste and just mixed that together. If you want to add some sweetness you can add stevia or honey (that’s completely up to you). I warmed up the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- 1 gala or other sweet red apple, chopped, cooked to soften
- 1 low carb wheat tortilla
- 2 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese, soften
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or stevia (optional)
- Slice your apple, cook the apple with cinnamon and chop your apple.
- In a warm skillet, add the tortilla with cinnamon cream cheese spread over the entire tortilla.
- Add your apple mixture to one side of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half with apple mixture on bottom half of the tortilla.
- Cook 1-2 minutes and flip. Cook 1-2 on the other side. Make sure your filling doesn’t fall out when you flip,
- Give a honey drizzle if you like. Serve immediately. Frozen yogurt or greek yogurt is option.
This is another recipe you can change to make your own. There’s something that I love about apples and cheese though so this is what I went with here. It’s quick and easy…and delicious. Share with your friend or eat it all yourself.