I’ve been contemplating my goals for the new year. I’m taking a new approach to my goals this year. I sat down to think about what I accomplish in the new year and most of them come in the form of being true to myself and using my voice. It seems to be more internal than physical. I don’t know what that really means.
1. I want to stay true to myself. I’m a people pleaser, I don’t want people to be upset or hurt by my actions. That sometimes interferes with my thought making process because I make decisions based on what others want and not necessarily what I want.
2. Completing my quest is very important to me. I spent several weeks contemplating my quest. I filled up 18 pages in notebook mapping it out, setting my rules and my reasons for doing the quest. I know things won’t go as planned, but the one thing I need to do is remember MY reasons for doing the quest. I can’t let anyone take that away from me.
3. Spend more time enjoy life. The negative seems to pop up and ruin my spirit. I can’t let this happen. I’ve come such a long way and I don’t want to revert back into old habits. I choose to enjoy life and all the great things in it.
4. Gain admission into the 50 States Marathon Club. I need 10 states to qualify for the club and I’m almost there. Right now I’m sitting pretty at seven states. I have my eyes set on some good marathons this year. I’m really excited to see some new places.
5. Do five pull ups. It may look like I have amazing upper body strength, but I’m lacking. By the end of the year, I want to be able to do five pull ups.
6. Complete an olympic distance triathlon. I know that I had my eyes set on a half ironman this year, but things changed. I set my eyes on my quest and something had to change. My goals and mindset changed. I don’t want to give up on the idea, it’s just a little postponement of the half ironman. Becoming a triathlete is still important to me so I have to give it a try.
7. Create some more useful content for the blog. I’m looking into adding some video stuff to the site this year. I’m kind of nervous about that, but I’m going to give it a try.
So there you go, those are my goals for 2015.
What is one goal you have for 2015?