I like to share something from the kitchen every week so this week I’m sharing a super easy breakfast thing.
I use to wake up every morning to make us egg white omelets. That was before I started teaching cycle at 5AM so I had to find a way to make breakfast in the morning easy and portable if needed to be. I decided on the egg white muffin because I can cook six at a time and it was a set it and forget it type of thing.
- 1/4 c liquid egg whites
- 1/8 c chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c chopped spinach
- 1/4 c chopped white mushrooms
- 2 slices thin sliced deli meat (optional)
- Mrs. Dash seasoning, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- These instructions are going to make one egg white muffin. If you’re going to make six, then repeat the process.
- Preheat the over to 425 degrees.
- Spray the muffin pan so that the finished product doesn’t stick.
- If you’re using the lunch meat, put that in the bottom of the muffin pan.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Pour the egg whites over the veggies.
- Add your seasonings.
- Repeat this until all six muffin containers are filled.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.
- Store in an air tight container and reheat in the microwave.
I eat my egg white muffin with a side of oatmeal every morning. It’s an easy meal that is easy to take with you if you need.
What I love most about the egg white muffin is it’s versatile. You can add whatever you want to it to make it your own. It’s all wrapped up in a muffin form. You can have a different version of an egg white every day of the week if you choose. It’s truly something you can go wild with by using leftovers or just doing something not so simple.
We keep ours simple with just veggies but now my mind is turning with what I can do to make it better.
Do you prefer egg whites or just a regular egg?