I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately about things you should do everyday. I’m sure I’m going to come up with another of these lists, but for now:
1. Set your alarm 30 minutes earlier and go for a walk. Give your metabolism a jump start by getting a little active in the morning. It doesn’t have to be a full on power walk but just something to get you going. It will make all the difference.
2. Eat a good breakfast. They say it’s the most important meal of the day for a reason. Don’t skip it. Skipping meals is a big reason for weight GAIN! Even if you can’t stomach a full meal in the morning, eat something or have a smoothie. Breakfast helps get your metabolism working so don’t miss out on this important meal.
3. Unplug the electronics an hour before bed time. This is a hard one I know. Putting the phone down and turning off the television can help you get better sleep. It will allow your mind to settle before bed and will help you get more quality sleep time.
4. Smile. Life may suck sometimes but smiling will make your day better. I promise! There might be something behind all these scientific studies but I know it’s hard to be unhappy when you’re smiling.
5. Compliment yourself. We all spend time passing compliments on other people but you also should do the same for yourself. Say it aloud because it will make you proud! We love others but we also need to love ourselves.
What should you compliment yourself on TODAY?
I’m complimenting myself on being extra product today at work, even when I didn’t want to do anything.