Hello! Happy Friday! It’s time for those five things on Friday and I’m kind of stumped at what five things I should talk about this week. Last week, I did something kind of serious and helpful for others but I think this week I want to make it a little more casual. Without anymore chit chat, the Friday Five: I’m looking forward to happening:
1. Enjoy the weekend. It’s been a rough few weeks for me. It’s been VERY stressful and I don’t think I handled things so well. I am really hard on myself so maybe it’s not that bad but I can tell you I wasn’t the best version of myself dealing with all these emergencies. The best news is I weathered the rocky waters and things are looking better and clearer. Therefore, I am looking forward to enjoying the weekend.
2. Buying some new clothes. I spend a lot of time on the move at the beginning and end of the year so the only time I really relax and chill is this time right now. I’m not really worried about refreshing my look because I’ll just make due with what I have since I spend half my time at work…and the other half working out or doing something like that. But lately I’ve been focused on refreshing the closet and getting some new stuff. And honestly, this is something I could spend a little bit more time focusing on…and organizing my closet.
I got some nice stuff in my Stitchfix delivery but it was all too big. Except for the jeans which I loved but I didn’t really have $88 to spend on jeans right now. Plus, it’s summer and I won’t be wearing them too much right now. I just didn’t think it was wise. The dress I wasn’t too keen on because it’s not something I would usually wear but the tops I did love…but they were too big.
3. Wrapping up my personal trainer certification. I really let this go because I got busy and then I wasn’t sure if this is what I wanted. I’m still not sure if it’s what I want. I know I want to help people achieve what they never thought would be possible. I know I want to motivate, inspire and coach people in losing weight and being the best version of themselves not just on the outside, but inside too. I think this is just a stepping stone to something bigger but I really need to get over this hump to get to where I want to go. I hope to take my test in the next month during the downtime.
4. Cooking a new round of meals for next week. I haven’t been motivated to do much lately probably due to the stress. I’ve been going through the motions. Hopefully this week I’ll do a better job and planning and have a little bit more fun with all of this. Even though this week’s meals weren’t bad. I really enjoyed them so maybe a little less planning might be due. I did have a disaster with some mustard greens this week. The greens turned out nasty and ugh. Definitely not a high point in the house.
5. Training, fundraising, training. Chicago Marathon is coming up in October which means it’s time to train. I’ve taken a couple of weeks off and I’ve enjoyed the time, but I’m ready to get back in the mode. This week the weather has been horrible, but I’ve still gotten my runs in…even on the treadmill. I’m ready to get outside for my long run tomorrow. I’ve also been working on strength training and just trying to get over the rut. Yesterday was a better day for me, so I’m hoping that’s a sign. But I also need to get on my fundraising for Team Healthy Kids. I need to come up with some creative ways to raise money for this great cause. Do you have any suggestions?
And then there’s a bonus: It’s almost my birthday! For the first time in a long time, I’m excited for my birthday and celebrating it. July 2nd is the day and I plan to make the best of it.
What are five things you’re looking forward to?