My husband had to leave me to deal with some family obligations and it hasn’t been a fun time for me. I wish I was able to go but life got in the way and by life I mean work. I’ve been spending a lot of time alone with the dogs. It really stinks because the hubby does a lot of things to help me out and I’ve had to do those things myself. Oh the horror, right? I thought I would give you a little insight into my life sans the hubby.
1. I’ve had to do laundry and I hate it. He usually makes sure my huge pile of workout clothes are washed and dried every day. He washes, I fold but not since he’s been gone. 2. He washes the dishes. Most of the time I cook, he cleans. Now I’ve been cooking and cleaning. No bueno. I have to give my husband props for dealing with the dishes and the trash. We go through a lot of dishes every day since you know we eat a lot at home. 3. He takes the dogs out…along with all other dog needs. He’s on throw up patrol, water patrol, feast time and potty breaks and I’ve had to do all that too. I’ve had problems with both of the pups since he’s left. One dog has been on a frantic search for him and I think she stressed herself out. She was having stomach issues which first surfaced as a throw up problem but then moved to the other end. Thankfully things are stabilized now. But the other dog has gone into protective mode and he’s acting out. Night one he charged across the street after a cat into someone else’s garage (not his typical behavior) and last night he charged the next door neighbor. I felt horrible. I know he’s doing this to protect me but this is supposed to be my trained and lovable dog doing all these bad things. 4. I’ve cooked new things to eat and I know he’s missing out on all that homemade goodness. He will only get the pictures because it will all be gone by the time he gets home. Another time hubs, another time. I made peanut butter pumpkin pancakes (I’ll post my recipe later because these PANCAKES were delicious) and a protein bread adapted from Run Eat Repeat.
Not that I didn’t appreciate my hubby before, but I really appreciate everything he does to make my life easier. He knows I’m always working and training so he does whatever is needed to help out. I appreciate it even more now!
- 1/2 cup oats, blended to make flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder (vanilla or strawberry), I used just one packet
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp stevia or sugar
- 1 6 oz. container strawberry or cherry greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 Tb. almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit you like
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. (oat flour, protein powder, salt, baking soda, stevia)
- Mix all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (yogurt, applesauce, egg whites, almond milk, vanilla extract)
- After it’s all mixed, add the raisins
- Spray the bread pan really good and pour the mixture in the pan.
- Bake on top rack for 17-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top