Foodie Friday: Black Bean Layer Dip
- 1 small container Greek Yogurt (such as Yoplait)
- 1 can Goya Low Sodium Black Beans or 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 3 oz Mango Pico (or regular pico de gallo)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup Green Onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the Greek yogurt and taco seasoning together in a bowl. Put aside.
- Drain the black beans and put in a food processor or use hand blender chop attachment to break the beans up to a re-fried bean consistency. This would be where you would add the salt and pepper to taste. (I just added pepper.)
- Spread the beans in an even layer on the bottom of your serving dish.
- Next spread the Greek yogurt mixture in an even layer on top of the bean layer.
- If you choose to add cheese, this would be the time to add your cheese layer.
- Next, put a layer of your pico to cover.
- Lastly, sprinkle your green onions on top.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 81 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 15 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 139.6 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6.3 Cholesterol: 2.5
Nutritional information for the version without cheese. Sodium in the recipe is 139.6mg. I also used one container of Yoplait Greek yogurt.