I’ve been searching for something to eat instead of macaroni and cheese. Not that mac and cheese isn’t delicious, it’s just not really healthy. I’m constantly on the search for some good side dishes so I thought a macaroni salad would be a nice additional to a spring picnic.
Here is what you need:
16 ounces elbow macaroni
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp light mayo
1/2 cup dijon mustard
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper chopped
2 cups diced zuchinni squash
1 cup red onion diced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Pepper to taste
1 tsp of salt for pasta prep
Here’s what you do:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Mix greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar and pepper in a bowl.
3. Add the veggies. Make sure all veggies are coated in the mixture.
4. Add elbow macaroni to the mixture and combine all the ingredients.
5. Refrigerate macaroni salad until ready to serve.
Makes 16 servings.
I like this macaroni salad because it’s easy to make and it feeds a lot of people. Plus there are different ways for you to change it up to make your own. This would be really great with broccoli too but I didn’t think about it until I started typing this out.
The possibilities are endless. It’s a great salad to bring to any picnic or bbq.