Whenever we have company, this is my go to recipe for my banana loving friends and family. I always want to show people you can still indulge without really breaking your nutritional bank! This banana bread is great and you can add whatever you want to it. I don’t like nuts, but nuts or other dried fruits (raisins, cranberries, apricots) would be delicious! Now this isn’t something we have every day or even every month. It’s a treat for us. Watch your portions and your sugar and this can be a treat you can enjoy too!
Banana bread is so good. I love the smell of warm bananas and this is definitely a hit in our house.
- 4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar (I used the Splenda baking blend)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease two round cake pans with baking spray. I used two circle cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
- I usually cut it up into small pieces and store in an AIR TIGHT container. This will mold very quickly!
Serving size: 2 pcs Calories: 76 Fat: 1.1 Saturated fat: 0.2 Carbohydrates: 13.8 Sugar: 4.9 Sodium: 82 Fiber: 0.6 Protein: 1.6
Recipe adapted from skinny taste! For the original recipe please visit skinnytaste.com!