People are always searching for spaghetti squash recipes for a healthy lifestyle so I wanted to give you my take on this squash. Most people just roast it and string it out to eat kind of like “noodles” and that’s great. There’s nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to give people another take on this delicious veggie.
Spaghetti Squash Caserole
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 c Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp of Splenda or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half length wise. Scoop out the insides of the squash and discard.
- On a foil lined, sheet tray place the squash face down and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- When the squash is done roasting, set aside to let cool until you can safely handle the squash. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- While the squash is cooking, sauté the onions until translucent with 1/2 tsp of pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Set aside until squash is ready.
- When squash is cooled, use a fork to get the squash from it’s shell. Scoop all of the squash into the pan with the onions.
- Add medium-low heat to the pan and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix together and let cook for 10 minutes.
- In a baking dish, add the mixture in an even layer. Cook in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.