Happy Friday! It’s time for this week’s edition of five things Friday, but first I want to catch you up on some things, like my refrigerator.
It’s always so promising at the beginning of the week. We can’t find places to put stuff. It’s always so full and inviting but organized at the same time.
But come Friday morning, it starts to look a little sad. I opened up the fridge this morning and thought it looked very empty. At least there’s some oats in there for tomorrow morning. The good news is, the fridge will be full again come Sunday and we’ll have a new week of interesting eats. At least you know, we eat all of our food.
I totally skipped the gym this morning because I was super tired. I got up and debated going because I love to go in the morning but I just couldn’t. Now I’m going to have to do it this evening which is fine. I just like to get it out of the way. It’s been a busy week at the gym because it’s launch week so it’s been very fun and festive.
Anyway, back to the five things on Friday. Today, I’m sharing 5 things I’m digging right now.
1. I’m so amped about adding video to the site. I get to do things like show my grocery hauls and get back to showing you stuff about meal prepping. This is going to open up a whole new world on the site and you’ll get to see a little bit more of my personality.
2. I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls for about 2 weeks now. I love the show and it’s definitely one of my favorite shows of all time. It’s genius television. Every time I watch, I want to eat some breakfast though.
3. Strawberries are so good right now. We accidentally purchased two large containers of strawberries this week so we have some extra. It’s like a fruit filled heaven in the fridge. I love it! I might need to make some strawberry bread or something. I need to celebrate the occasion. And yes, that is cookie butter in the background there. I’m up for any suggestions you have for transforming these strawberries into something yummy. Leave your suggestions in the comments or tweet me.
4. My new running shoes. I’ve had a severe pronation problem lately so I was advised to get new shoes so I got the Brooks Adrenaline. The shoes are heavy as all get out but it solves the pronation problem and I can run again without feeling any pain. My best friend under cover called my shoes ugly last weekend, but I like them. The shoes are colorful and filled with “Angie” personality. How can you not love these colorful shoes? Granted, these shoes are mens shoes and I don’t see a man wanting to sport these kicks but I love them the same.
5. These Boca Essentials are so good but they are EXPENSIVE! Four veggie burgers are $5. That may not sound bad but if you get the regular Boca vegan burgers it’s 4 patties for $2..78. That’s a big difference in my world. I purchased these with a coupon (I’m really frugal) and now I wish I hadn’t because I’ve tried them, I like them, and I don’t want to have to pay that much money for these burgers. This particular kind was kind of spicy but not too much! There were actual chunks of corn and peppers in there which was always tasty. These burgers are a complete protein and contain 9 essential amino acids which is always a plus.
That is all for this week’s five things on Friday. I hope everyone has a super weekend. Follow me on my social medias to keep up with what I’m doing this weekend (facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat: WeBeatFat)
Do you think if you went vegetarian you would miss the animal proteins? Do you have any big plans for the weekend?