I love my produce! When we go grocery shopping every week the basket is filled with nothing but produce. There are lots of great benefits of eating produce like eating real food, a healthier body and just being able to cook among many other things. The bad thing about buying fresh produce is it will go bad and quickly if it’s not stored properly.
I was constantly going to the store to get more produce mid week which can really be expensive. It’s funny because people always tell us to eat healthy but healthy eating is very expensive. Let’s stop wasting money and saving it.
That is why I am going to giveaway these Rubbermaid Produce Savers! I will never promote a product I don’t use myself or believe in, so please take my word on this one. These things really work! These things definitely extend the shelf life of my fruits and veggies. Anyone who buys produce must give these containers a try because they have been life savers.
Keeps fruits and vegetables fresh and crisp up to 33 percent longer. The Fresh Vent allows produce to breathe while the Crisp Tray separates produce from moisture helping it to stay fresh and crisp longer. The Easy Find Lids system keeps lids and trays organized by snapping them to the base and together for easy storage.
- Keeps fruits and vegetables fresh and crisp up to 33% longer*
- Fresh Vent™ allows produce to breathe
- Crisp Tray™ separates produce from moisture
- Easy Find Lids™ system keeps lids and trays organized. Lids and trays snap together and to the base for easy storage
- Graduated sized containers nest for compact storage. Available in 3 sizes: 2 cup, 5 cup, 14 cup
- Microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe
- Bases and Lids are BPA FREE
I really love them for traveling too! Most of the time I am transporting fruit that ends up going bad quicker due to the transport container. With these containers, road trips are so much better. What makes the difference? They have a handy insert in the bottom (which is removable) that keeps the moisture from your produce which extends the shelf life. It even has a nifty hole at the top so you can pour out excess moisture/water without having to open the container.
This giveaway is for one set of Rubbermaid Produce Savers and is open to all residents of the United States. The contest will end on July 2, 2013 at 11:59am CST! The winner will be chosen at random. Here is how you enter:
- Leave a comment on this post tell me about the produce in your fridge. What is the produce item you buy every week and how long does it last?
- For an additional entry, follow me on twitter (@WeBeatFat) and tweet me the link to a picture of your favorite produce item and hashtag it #webeatfat
- Another entry: Follow me on instagram (@AngelaBeatFat); tag me in your produce picture and hashtag #healthyeating #webeatfat
- One more additional entry: Like the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/webeatfat and tell me what your favorite leafy green veggie is and why!
It’s simple! Have a good time and eat your fruit and veggies! Don’t forget the contest ends July 2, 2013 at 11:59am CST!