It’s Labor Day so we’re going to break away from our normal routine. We usually have eggs and oatmeal in our house for breakfast and it’s probably my most favorite meal of the day. But I think I found a good alternative a yummy alternative for my oatmeal fix. So let’s all have pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning. Here is what you’ll need:
What goes in these pancakes:
1/4c egg whites
1/4c yogurt (I used a vanilla greek yogurt)
1/8c unsweetened applesauce
1/4c whole wheat flour (or your choice of flour)
1/4 tsp. each: pumpkin pie spice, stevia, baking soda, baking powder and salt (if you want it)
What you do to make these pancakes:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. Then add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well but not too much.
3. Spray a skillet or use a griddle pan. We have an electric griddle so that is what we use.
4. I put a 1/4 – 1/3c of batter down in the hot pan and wait for the edges to bubble. No bubbles, no flip. Wait until it bubbles around the edges and flip those suckers over.
5. The cook pretty fast so keep a watchful eye on them. Spray the pan between each new pancake and continue until the batter is gone.
I cut up some strawberries to serve on top with a sugar free syrup. I made 5 medium sized pancakes from one bowl.
You can omit the yogurt but I didn’t like the texture without it so that is why I added the yogurt the second time around. It is soo good and a good breakfast with eggs or whatever else you want to eat with it.
So do you like pancakes? What is your favorite flavor of pancakes?