Reading the site you always see about my weight loss journey and all the things that come along with it and it’s left people wondering what else am I about. This is just a little something that you can find out a little bit more about me. Yes, some of it is still exercise related but that is a PART of me too.
1. I’m obsessed with this song. It’s hit my running playlist and just a song I listen to in the car! I watched Princesses of Long Island and this was the theme song. Every week I said I was going to find out who sang the song but I didn’t until the season finale, which I didn’t watch until last week. Baby Come Home by Scissor Sisters is my new favorite song. It’s got a cool beat and it’s just a chill song. I love it!
2. Fat free sugar free Jello Chocolate Fudge Pudding is my after dinner snack. Yes I know it’s filled with things that aren’t that great for you: modified cornstarch, maltodextrin and some other things but I really like it. This particular flavor blew my mind. I picked it up on a whim and I’m glad I did. It hits my chocolate fix and a I pair it with some fresh fruit. It’s so good and fudgey. I’m definitely sticking with that 80/20 rule.
3. Suits on USA Network is my newest TV addiction. I found out about Suits when I was watching the new show Graceland. It looked like something I would be interested in but the show was already on season three. Luckily the past seasons were available on Amazon Prime and I rolled through those episodes so fast. The show is really great. I love Gabriel Macht from his past work and of course, Gina Torres is always a hit. The show is phenomenal and it’s different from other lawyer dramas. It’s well written and has the best all around cast of any show I’ve seen in a long while. It’s funny, serious and though provoking at the same time.
4. Group Centergy is the money. Since I’ve been training for my marathon and running a bit more, I’ve learned the importance of stretching. Centergy is my class I look forward to most each week because I’m always in desperate need of a stretch. I am a product of BTS and I truly believe these group of classes was integral in my weight loss journey. There’s something for everyone: kick, weights, spinning, core, yoga/Pilates, dance, step and just overall fitness. The classes are designed to make a most of every class and I love it. I’ve learned so much and still continue to go to most of these classes.
But I also like going to Sarah’s and Charla’s class too. We’re not talking or hanging out but it’s time I get to spend with some friends so that makes it worth while too. Plus, my friends attend class too so that’s always fun!
5. I love my running shoes. This is probably no surprise to you but I have a new reason to love them. I was having some major knee problems which I thought was due to my shoes and lack of getting a good stretch in after my runs. I had to put my shoes aside and go back to my old shoes and that made me very sad. I love both pairs of running shoes I have but I was excited to try something different. Plus, I already spent the $115 on the shoes and I wanted to run in them. After my knee problem kind of cleared up, I started to think the shoes weren’t the problem and it was just the stretching and I think I was right. I’ve been running in these shoes for a couple of weeks and I even ran the half last weekend in these shoes. Everything worked out great and I’m glad that I am able to wear them again…and not waste the money.
The one thing I’m not loving right now is traveling. I intended to go to Gulf Shores this weekend to hang with my bestie but plans had to change due to an unforeseen circumstance. I’m bummed that I won’t be making the trip because I always have a great time with her and her family in Gulf Shores. I am not not bummed about making the trip in the car by myself. It’s a double edged sword but I’ll have to fill my time with something else.
I have a lot of traveling to do over the next couple of months so I should be gearing up for everything.
I’m running a 5K race tonight since my plans changed…on a bridge. I’m not sure if I’m ready for hill repeats but I have been running a lot of hills lately. I’m not looking for anything spectacular so the expectations are low. I just want to run with my friends and support a great organization!
What are your plans for the weekend?